Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Amazing results

Last night was the first night of aggressive changes for Maddison's overnight basals. I increased all 6 of her basal dosages from 8pm to 2am. I'm usually overly cautious at night, but 250-300's have been haunting me for too long. It just made sense. I couldn't be cautious any longer. As a result Maddison received 300% more basal last night, nearly matching her current 400% rate during the day. The results of each hours basal testing were a damn miracle! Honestly, I'm floored and can't believe it myself. Too good to be true. How could I get it right this one drastic time when I have been manipulating for weeks now?

9pm 128
10pm 108
11pm 118
12am 111
1am 126
2am 124
3am 116
In the clear, I get to sleep for 3 straight hours!
6am 124

Just when I needed a break the most I got it. Someone must be listening to my prayers. Lets hope tonight fares as well. Tonight I will be testing every 2 hours instead of every hour. Last night I felt I really needed to test every hour since I made such drastic changes. If all goes well tonight, I test every 3 hours there after. For now, I need more coffee. This little miracle just made my day, and I know Maddison will feel better today because of it. :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

She's a growing girl! It's hard to take that leap when you know that she needs more...but you're hesitant to program it.

GOOD WORK!

Anonymous said...

How did you calculate? Did you add the corrections into the current basal and divide by six hour period? Or just added, 10, 20, 30 percent across the board? Great job! Could use your help tonight here. Perfect last five nights, now 170 with 1.0 correx; two hours later 200 with .80 correx. Think if I add those correx to her existing basals she will crash. Just tried 150 percent plus temp for a couple of hours and we will see. Flying by the seat of my pants tonight.....