Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Birthday Birdies

Words just aren't enough to express how ELATED Maddison was to be given her birthday surprise......The birthday Aviary. Not just an Aviary for the Quail that were needing a new larger cage, but an aviary complete with new feathered friends. Maddison has always wanted MORE pet birds other than the very special "Birdy" the Cockatiel that she got a couple years ago. "Birdy" is Maddison's buddy. She lives in Maddison's bedroom in her big birdy cage and comes out to play with Maddison for hours every day. "Birdy" is what started all this birdy chaos. I tend to be a clean freak and I really dont want anymore birds INSIDE my house. So, the birthday Aviary was a perfect surprise for my bird lover. Seeing the Aviary for the first time, Maddison was so happy, even thinking it was just for her baby quails......when she came closer and saw the new feathered friends inside, she just about jumped to the moon! PURE JOY.

Meet the new birthday birdies.......

Two Cockatiels, three parakeets and a pair of LOVE BIRDS. The Love birds were a gift from my mom to Maddison today......aren't they precious? The Cockatiels and Parakeets aren't tame or friendly yet, but Maddison's working on it. The Love birds however, are just about 3months old and LOVE LOVE LOVE people. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRECIOUS MADDISON!! What a fabulous day today!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! That is SOOOOOOO awesome!!!!!!!

I love the pics...I can just imagine her excitement ;) WOW WOW WOW :) :) :) :)

I can't wait to come for a visit!!!! I can just imagine Maya's reaction after meeting Birdie!!! She still slaps her head when we ask her about birds...HA HA HA!!!!

Meri said...

My husband's father always had an aviary while my husband was young. They have so many good memories because of it.

Congrats! What a wonderful gift that keeps on giving!

Anonymous said...

That's soooo coool! I don't even like birds and I want one. She really is the bird whisperer!
-T

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Just incredibly beautiful! Love the baby quail! In Arizona, can the birds stay out in the aviary all year? I don't know any child that wouldn't love this unique gift. I'm sure it will give Madison hours of fun.