Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm screaming here people!

What else is new? I'm so done with school days and figuring out blood sugars! I mean really! I have said it a hundred times since August, and I am going to scream it again! I upped some of Maddison's basal rates again today for morning highs. It helped some, today she is lower 200's instead of yesterday's 240-290's all morning until lunch at 12:30, she was 152. Then she came in feeling low just before leaving for the day. She was 198. An hour after getting home she was 72 with .5 active. But that was also a PE day, so who the hell can say for sure? Can you hear me screaming here people? I just want Maddison to feel good and be in range while at school! Thats it! It really isn't too much to ask!

My next approach would be adjusting ratios again as I did weeks ago. Everything I tried was no help at all. Ratio's are usually the last thing I need to consider. Maybe her correction factor? Her sensitivity during the day perhaps has changed, which of course causes the pump not to allow corrections for the breakfast highs. That could be. Maybe her duration of active insulin? She has a nice new arm site today, so her site isn't an issue. I would like to give the adjustments another day to know for sure, but I thought basal adjustments should help right away!!?? I know they always have in past. I dont know, maybe she's eating crayons. Maybe she decided she likes to eat dirt. Maybe the air in the classroom has sugar in it? I'm screaming here people!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Poor baby...I hate trying to figure out what needs adjustment!

Scott K. Johnson said...

I hear your pain. But just HAD to chuckle at the crayon/dirt eating and sugar filled classroom air line...