Thursday, April 15, 2010

The thing I always forget

Today Maddison's numbers were a tad better, I didnt make any changes since yesterday was only day 1 of WEIRD. Still in the 200-240 range though. It helped that Maddison's ratio was right this time for the AIMS snack in the early morning hour! I made some ratio changes for tomorrow to fight off the highs...and then I remembered what I ALWAYS forget to consider...

The dang site itself!!! -Sigh- Typically we either have a bad site or a good site. Bad being not working at all, and good being, well, predictable numbers. I have seen arm sites work better than butt sites, so who knows! After using arms too often, sometimes I see a butt site work better. Who the heck knows! After adjusting ratio's for tomorrow (which is what I usually change LAST) I realized that it is site change night!! Maddison is now wearing a nice new site on her arm, instead of her butt. I can't help but wonder if I should give this new site a day before I change anything. Sheesh. All the things we have to consider! I guess either way I'll be kicking myself if we see lows or highs. If she's low I'll assume the arm site is working better than the butt site. If I still see highs...well, if I still see highs I guess I will know its not the site and I STILL have changes to make. UGH. Once AIMS is over, I'm sure Maddison will be just fine. Isnt that the way it always goes?

**HOLY MOLY!!!** Just got my answer! That new arm site is CRAZY!! Maddison went to bed an hour ago with ZERO insulin active. She was 131. I always check an hour AFTER a site change (especially when she's going to bed) and I almost choked! 49!! How can that be!!?? SHEESH! Now I might need to back track and not change anything for tomorrow......ACK! Looks like I'm too freaked out to sleep tonight!! All the what ifs are invading my mind. WHAT IF I went to sleep and set my alarm for an hour....what would she have been then!? Butt site, hip site, tummy site, arm site....WHY does it have to be THIS complicated!?

5 comments:

Amy said...

I've had those "what if's" happen all too often! I do think our little one's have angels who work overtime keeping them safe! Praying for better, safer numbers for Maddison tonight!!! Hope you can rest!

phonelady said...

we all pray for those days with safe numbers , nights of full sleep and being able to be okay if the day did not go so well .

Meri said...

Arms and butties are like night and day...fat vs no fat. Our life is full of guesses! UHHHHGGGGG!! I hope things go amazingly today!

LaLa said...

I am just now noticing that different sites work better on Nate too. Butt works better than leg works better than arm. So many thing to know and to learn! SO MUCH!

Unknown said...

I have crazy trouble with new sites too - but I run high. It's so frustrating because it's not consistent, so I can't find a safe way to work around it.