Friday, August 27, 2010

Lets Do It

Today is the day. NOON! I'll be relieved to have this surgery over and done with! My surgeon decided the best option is a Lobectomy (removal) of my right Thyroid gland. If it were as simple as that I wouldn't worry so much. Add Diabetes to the mix and I'm a bit stressed! I've had 5 surgeries BEFORE Diabetes.....but with Diabetes is a different story!
I will be staying overnight for observation......oooohhhhh I hope I have a good nurse!

I've had the CGM hooked for a few days now. The accuracy has been amazing. I asked my Endo to write an order stating my insulin pump is to remain my method of D management. We shall see if we can stick to that plan! My hubby is the lucky one that will have to manage my dosing while I snooze after surgery.....anesthesia and me don't really get along so well. I tend to not wake up easily, spending the next 24hrs in and out of deep sleep uncontrollably! I hope the CGM can help me out!

Ill post soon to update, only good news of course! :)

3 comments:

Heidi / D-Tales said...

Good luck Kelly!!!! I wish you a successful surgery, a quick, painless recovery and good health with good numbers and no complications from the diabetes!!!

Unknown said...

Praying for you, Kel!!!!!

Praying, praying, praying!!!!

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

Hello, I have started following your blog. My five year old daughter was diagnosed a year and a half ago and starts her pump next week. Its great to find so many family diabetes blogs out there, especially with kids.
Thanks and good luck with your surgery!