Friday, May 16, 2008

My 10 randoms

OK!! Now it's my turn........I have been tagged by Penny to reveal 10 CRAZY or random things about me.

Again, here are the rules:

Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment saying “You’re it!” & to go read your blog. You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you’re not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird, random, facts, habits and goals. Have fun!


1) My worst habit- cleaning too much, expecting a perfectly clean house with 2 kids and three hairy, shedding, water and mud loving dogs! Yet I Still always try, again and again every day to maintain a "perfect" home. It IS exhausting!

2)Fact- I forget EVERYTHING. I ask the same questions, sometimes repeatedly. It drives Hannah crazy. Her response, "MOM! If you aren't going to listen then don't ask!" (perfect example of trying to do too much at one time)I must ask over and over the same questions in the morning "Did you brush your teeth?" "Do you have your homework?" "Do you have your lunch?"

3) I lose my keys once a day and I am not allowed to touch my husbands keys.

4)Fact of my life that I am actually quite ashamed of: I dropped out of high school at 14, went to work full time making GOOD money for that age ($9 in 1991 was pretty good!) I had my GED by 16 and was back in College courses at 17. EMT certified, and Medical Assistant certification by age 18, little did I know kids were to come next and my education would be put on the back burner for YEARS, and still waiting.

5)My life "dream" even as a child was perhaps a bit too simple for most. I never dreamed for fame. I never dreamed to be pampered and live atop a mountain. I would prefer to just be the "perfect" stay at home mom. I guess the soccer mom per say. A woman beaming with natural beauty behind the sweats and shower less days. (of course I would prefer a shower :) A mom that is the queen of organization, multi tasking and never showing stress. The mom that laughs and lights up the room with a simple smile. A mom that is patient, that always has the right answers. That was my outlook for myself in life. Pretty boring, I know. I am just a simple person.

6)If I could pursue anything in life for ME, right now it would be to finish those dang college credits for my bachelors degree! My "dream" for myself (now that I am all grown up) is to complete my RN and pursue a career as a CDE and work with families just like us. I would like to be a mentor to teenagers (and children) with Diabetes that struggle with maintaining a good self care life style.

7) A really outrageous career I secretly envy is the Medical examiner, yes...autopsies! I love Dr G. Medical examiner on the Discovery channel. I have gotten REALLY good at knowing the diagnosis before they announce it! I think the human body is miraculous and knowing there is always an answer or mystery hidden inside at the time of death is completely captivating!

8)I can't sit still. I physically cannot sit through an entire movie without wanting to get up and run laps, clean my house or just do something productive! Even more weird though is the fact that I am actually very disorganized (you should see my closets!) and I HATE laundry. The longer I sit, the more tired I get and my muscles get achey, which is why my desk job is killing me. But, I could sit and watch Dr G or the Discovery Health channel all day.

9)I'm a summer girl. I absolutely love summer by the pool. The sun. The warm summer nights with the monsoons. Summer flowers. The smell of orange blossoms. The sound of my kids enjoying yet another long day home and trying to keep themselves entertained which is always amusing.

10)I was painfully shy in grade school. I did come out of my shell as I aged, marrying my husband has left me talking to anyone and everyone just like he does. My kids are alot like me in that they shy away from being in the spotlight just like me too. Except at home of course.

I am tagging....

Jennifer- a long time friend, because I know you have some silliness somewhere.....

Kris- because I would like to hear your funny randoms

Julie- my sister, my friend

Christina

Rob

Jayson

2 comments:

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Nice list. I wish I had a habit of cleaning too much. It seems I have the opposite habit of not cleaning enough.

i dont care said...

"5)My life "dream" even as a child was perhaps a bit too simple for most. I never dreamed for fame. I never dreamed to be pampered and live atop a mountain. I would prefer to just be the "perfect" stay at home mom. I guess the soccer mom per say. A woman beaming with natural beauty behind the sweats and shower less days. (of course I would prefer a shower :) A mom that is the queen of organization, multi tasking and never showing stress. The mom that laughs and lights up the room with a simple smile. A mom that is patient, that always has the right answers. That was my outlook for myself in life. Pretty boring, I know. I am just a simple person."

Do these people really exist? I've never met one, only see them on tv. =)